AWARDS and KUDOS
Linda McCulloch won the 2010 Advocate of the Year Award, presented by Gov. Sonny Perdue at the Natural Leaders Conference in October 2010. The award was given to acknowledge her significant assistance to the Partnership for a Sustainable Georgia's communications efforts while also recruiting new members to the Partnership.
Design That Works has also won a 2009 PIAG Award of Excellence, for the 2008 Georgia KIDS COUNT project, a 64-page data book, bound into a pocket folder, with a data slider for quick statistics and a small brochure featuring "data snapshots." Go to success stories to see the entire KIDS COUNT package.
The fine art of “painting with thread”
One of Linda McCulloch's passions is original textile art. She designs and illustrates the work, transfers it to fabric, and does all the stitching by hand. Her original pillow, called "Life on the Coral Reef," recently returned to Atlanta after being in a 3-year US juried exhibition tour mounted by the Embroiderer's Guild of America.
Additional awards and recognition:
- Inclusion of six logos in The Big Book of Logos 5
- 2002 Award for Excellence, International Paper:
- Horizons Financial Advisors logo
- FireFly Facilitation logo
- The Tensar Corporation, product logo and package design
- Turner Broadcasting, National Geographic Explorer ad campaign
- AAA Cooper Transportation, advertising and direct mail campaign
Her corporate identity package for FireFly Facilitation has been featured in the Ozcetera section of Oz Magazine. Download a PDF of the article.